Happy New Weird 2017
We... take stock.
We, here, at Untethered Realms would like to invite you to share your thoughts as you reflect on the past year and look to the new.
I, personally, have to admit that 2016 was filled with lots of game-changing moments. If I were an alien, I would have my "visionware" tuned in to the Earth channel with lots of popcorn on hand to see what exciting, jaw-dropping, heartbreaking, or soul-inspiring events would happen in the episodes of 2017.
Since I'm an earthling in the here and now - and this isn't a reality show but real - for real - life, I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Weird as our journeys continue in 2017.
- Let your imagination expand, grow and soar. Talk about fun!!
- Try that new recipe you held back because you weren't sure who would eat it. Maybe it can be a fun experiment just for you.
- Take a chance on something different: yourself. You're worth it.
- Read that book with that weird title and discover something new. You never know what you like until you give it a try.
- Grab that new story idea by the horns and give it some life, even if it is a little weird for you. It may start you on a fantastic writing voyage.
So what about you, what are some of your thoughts as you reflect on 2016? Do you have any hopes or aspirations you're working toward for 2017? And what if it turned out Earth and all the crazy that is us is actually a reality show for aliens in a galaxy far, far away?